I could easily eat a bowlful of this black bean and corn salsa. Maybe that’s weird but maybe it’s just that this recipe is so tasty! This black bean and corn salsa is a perfect compliment to any Mexican-inspired dish.
It is bright and fresh with great flavor and lots of great nutrition! Beans are a great source of plant-based protein and fiber. Tomatoes are packed full with tasty antioxidants from their bright red color! The cilantro also adds a great nutrition boost.
Skill: Easy | Time: 20 min | Servings: 6 cups of salsa
Sign up for the Veg Out newsletter to get vegan recipes and nutrition content from a Registered Dietitian!
This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here I’ve used a white onion, but you can also use a red onion. The more colorful a vegetable, the more antioxidants it tends to have. So if you are looking to optimize your nutrition, a simple switch from white to red onions could be beneficial!
It’s best to let this sit for 1-2 hours before serving. The flavors will marinate together and it will become even tastier.
Try it on it’s own with some tortilla chips. Or add it to some quinoa tacos to make a perfectly balanced whole-food, plant-based meal. It’s also great with avocado in it, just wait and chop the avocado prior to serving. Let me know in the comments below your favorite way to make salsa!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please rate and comment below so others benefit from your experience.
More Vegan Lunch Recipes
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Cutting Board
- Large bowl
- 1 540 mL/ 19 oz can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ C corn kernels
- ⅓ C onion , finely diced
- ½ C cilantro , chopped (or more to taste)
- 2 ½ C tomato , diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (juice of about ½ lime)
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- If using frozen corn kernels, place them in a bowl with water and microwave for 1-2 minutes or cook them on a stove. Drain away the water.
- Chop the onion, cilantro and tomato.
- Toss everything together.
- Serve with any taco filling, like my quinoa tacos, or with tortilla chips!