Vegan sriracha mayo is incredibly quick and easy to make. This recipe will help you create an amazingly delicious, tangy and spicy mayonnaise in less than 5 minutes!
Start with store-bought vegan mayo or make your own with my simple eggless mayo recipe. Either way, you’ll create a tasty dip that’s perfect for sweet potato fries or whatever you like!
Skill: Easy | Time: 5 min | Servings: 8
Sign up for the Veg Out newsletter to get vegan recipes and nutrition content from a Registered Dietitian!
This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and I earn from qualifying purchases.
Is Sriracha Mayonnaise Vegan?
Most sriracha mayonnaise recipes (or store-bought options) are not vegan because they use “regular” mayo made with eggs.
Vegan mayo is becoming super easy to find at most grocery stores, but you could also make your own homemade mayo without much effort. With a vegan mayo base, you can easily create a vegan sriracha mayo or aioli dip!
Ingredients to Make Vegan Spicy Mayo
Vegan spicy mayo is straightforward to make with just a few simple ingredients:
- Vegan mayo: This recipe starts with either homemade vegan mayo or a store-bought option!
- Sriracha: Of course, we need the star ingredient to make this delicious sauce or dip. Use 2-3 tsp (or more) depending on your taste preferences and how spicy you like your mayo! I’m a spice wimp so I keep it to 2 tsp.
- Lime juice: Adding acidity and citrus flavor in this recipe, lime juice is the perfect compliment to sriracha.
- Garlic and onion powder: Garlic and onion flavor creates a sauce that’s perfect for dipping!
- Salt and pepper: I don’t add extra salt because sriracha already has enough for my tastes; but feel free to add a pinch if you like. A pinch of black pepper is a great way to round out the flavors of this sauce!
How to Make Sriracha Mayo: Instructions, Video Tutorial and Tips
This recipe is incredibly quick from start to finish. Begin with homemade vegan mayo or a store-bought option, then simply stir in the remaining ingredients!
Step 1: Mix and Serve
Yep, that’s it. You can enjoy sriracha mayo in just one simple step! Mix all the ingredients together until fully combined.
Serve right away or let the mayo chill in your fridge until you want to serve.
How to Serve this Recipe
You can use vegan sriracha mayo however you like. It’s delicious as a dip for regular or sweet potato fries, as a spread on a sandwich, wrap or burger.
We also commonly use this as a creamy, spicy sauce for sushi bowls!
Since the base of this recipe is mayonnaise, it provides fats for whatever meal you use it in. To create a balanced meal, just add a source of plant-based protein, carbohydrates (whole grains or starchy vegetables) and non-starchy vegetables!
Vegan Sriracha Aioli Variations
Get creative with this recipe and customize it to your taste preferences, or use the ingredients you enjoy and have on hand!
One simple substitution is to use lemon juice in place of lime juice.
Adding additional spices like cumin and chili powder can create a unique but equally delicious flavor that pairs great with Mexican-inspired recipes!
How to Store This Recipe
Refrigerate leftover sriracha mayo in an airtight container or jar for up to a week. I like to make my mayo directly in a jar that I can put in the fridge because it reduces the need to wash dishes!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please rate and comment below so others benefit from your experience.
More Deliciously Vegan Sauce Recipes
Vegan Sriracha Mayonnaise
- Mixing bowl or jar
- Fork or spoon
- In a small mixing bowl or jar, add all the ingredients.
- Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preferences (sriracha, salt and pepper to taste).
- Can serve straight away, but tastes best after chilling in the fridge for about an hour.
- Refrigerate in an airtight jar for up to a week.