This strawberry mojito mocktail recipe is refreshing and delicious. Using coconut water in place of alcohol, no flavour is lost when making a delicious non-alcoholic strawberry mojito!
Sign up for the Veg Out newsletter to get vegan recipes and nutrition content from a Registered Dietitian!
This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and I earn from qualifying purchases.
Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Mojito
Strawberry mojitos are a delicious drink, and can be enjoyed by anyone with this non-alcoholic strawberry mojito recipe!
I love creating mocktail recipes because they’re a fun way to enjoy a beautiful and refreshing drink. Plus, they’re simple to make at home.
For this non-alcoholic strawberry mojito, use my secret mocktail ingredient: coconut water!
Most mocktail recipes simply leave out the alcohol and replace it with soda. I don’t like this approach because alcohol provides some flavour to a drink. In certain recipes, alcohol provides quite a large amount of the drink’s volume.
Coconut water provides some sweetness and mild flavour which is a great replacement for white rum, gin or vodka. You can use it in most fruity-style or tropical drinks, like a strawberry mojito!
Ingredients for a Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
To make a delicious strawberry mojito, you need:
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh mint leaves
- Sliced or mashed strawberry (fresh or frozen works)
- Agave syrup
- Coconut water
- Soda (soda water, tonic water, lemon-lime soda or whatever you like)
The fresh mint and lime juice are essential for making this drink flavourful and refreshing.
You can use either sliced strawberries (that you muddle in the glass) or pre-mash your strawberries before creating the drink. Frozen strawberries work too, just thaw them first.
Use agave syrup to sweeten as needed. When making this drink with soda water or another unsweetened soda option, the agave really helps bring a nice sweet flavour. If using a sweet soda, extra sugar from the agave may not be necessary!
I hope you enjoy this non-alcoholic strawberry mojito recipe. Share your creations with me on social media by tagging @lettucevegout.
You may also like my classic mojito mocktail recipe!
Strawberry Mojito Mocktail Recipe (Vegan)
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 large strawberry , sliced (or 2 tbsp mashed strawberry)
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 2 oz coconut water
- 3 oz club soda (or lemon-lime soda/ tonic water/ whatever you like!)
- Ice cubes
- Extra strawberries , lime wedges and mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- Place the ½ oz of fresh squeezed lime juice into a glass. Add sliced strawberry and lightly mash with a spoon (or muddling tool).
- Toss mint leaves into the glass and gently muddle (press on the leaves to release flavour but try to not crush/ tear the leaves).
- Stir in 1 tsp agave syrup (more or less to taste).
- Stir 2 oz coconut water into the glass.
- Add ice then fill up the glass with soda of choice.
- Garnish and serve!