It’s beginning to look a lot like summer! What better way to enjoy this gorgeous weather than with a fresh, tasty Greek salad? With the perfect salad dressing, colourful veggies and feta cheese, you won’t want to miss out on this scrumptious creation!
Start by preparing some vegan tofu feta cheese using my recipe here. Ideally you would make this the day before so the tofu has time to marinate, but if not, let it marinade for as long as possible before serving.
Next, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
Chop up the peppers, tomatoes and cucumber into chunks. Finely dice the red onion. Toss these veggies together with the dressing. You can serve this salad as is, over a bed of arugula (or your favourite greens) and topped with the feta cheese. Or, you can let the veggies marinate for a few hours, or overnight, in the dressing to really allow them to soak up the flavours and become even more tasty!
To take this salad to the next level, and turn it into a filling, satisfying meal, you can make this a Greek pasta salad! Cook 3 cups of dry pasta according to the package directions. Strain and rinse under cold water to cool the pasta down. Toss the chilled pasta with the veggies and salad dressing. You may want to make more of the dressing, depending on how saucy you like your salad.
Before serving, toss some arugula, and the feta, into the salad. Enjoy!
- • ⅓ C olive oil
- • 1 tsp garlic powder
- • 1 tsp dry oregano
- • 1 tsp dry basil
- • ¾ tsp black pepper
- • ¾ tsp salt
- • ¾ tsp onion powder
- • ¾ tsp Dijon mustard
- • ½ C red or white wine vinegar
- • 2 large tomatoes
- • 1 medium cucumber
- • 1 small red onion
- • 1 orange bell pepper
- • 1 red bell pepper
- • 4 C arugula leaves (or your favourite green)
- • 3 C dry pasta (optional)
- • 1 batch of tofu feta cheese
- Prepare a batch of tofu feta cheese, and let marinate in the fridge (ideally overnight, if not for as long as possible before serving).
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Chop the tomato, cucumber and peppers into chunks. Finely dice the red onion.
- Toss the veggies with the dressing. You can serve this mixture right away over a bed of arugula and topped with feta cheese; or you can let the mixture marinade overnight.
- To make this a pasta salad, cook pasta according to package directions; strain and rinse with cold water to chill the noodles. Toss with the veggie and dressing mixture. You may want to make more dressing, depending on how saucy you like your pasta salad.
- Before serving, toss in some arugula and the feta cheese.