This vegan black bean dip recipe is packed with flavour. It’s simple and quick to make as well as gluten free so can easily be served to a wide range of people!
The recipe is for a cold dip, but this can easily be warmed up in the oven if you’re looking for a hot black bean dip. Directions are provided in the recipe card below!
Sign up for the Veg Out newsletter to get vegan recipes and nutrition content from a Registered Dietitian!
This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make Black Bean Dip Vegan
Making black bean dip vegan is quite simple as many of the common ingredients in this dip are vegetables, herbs and spices! However, some non-vegan recipes include ingredients like cheese, sour cream or mayonnaise which are not vegan friendly.
While all of these non-vegan ingredients can be replaced with vegan options, to keep this recipe simple and accessible, I’ve decided to leave them out. The blend of delicious flavours in this vegan black bean dip is fantastic as is!
If you like, you can certainly whip in some vegan sour cream, or bake a layer of vegan cheese shreds onto the top of this dip.
The Fastest Black Bean Dip
Some black bean dip recipes require the onions and other ingredients to be cooked ahead of time. While this is certainly an option, I’ve opted to skip this step to keep this recipe quick to make.
Leaving the onions and garlic raw does create a more pungent flavour in the final dip, but I love onions and garlic so this doesn’t bother me at all.
So, with this recipe, all you have to do is blend everything together with a food processor (I use and love one similar to this). Use the directions below for the best texture! It’s truly a fast recipe.
How to Serve Vegan Black Bean Dip
There are countless options for serving vegan black bean dip. The simplest option is to dip in some tortilla chips.
Vegetable sticks are another tasty and crunchy option for this black bean dip. Bell peppers are my veggie of choice for black bean but you can use whatever you like!
Other ways to serve vegan black bean dip include:
- As a spread on a sandwich
- In a wrap or quesadilla
- Dip pretzel bites into it
- Make baked pita bread triangles for serving
- Serve with crackers
- Topped with a drizzle of vegan sour cream
- As part of a 5 or 7 layer dip
- Baked topped with shredded vegan cheese
Tell me how you serve your vegan black bean dip in the comments below. If you share your creations on social media, be sure to tag me @lettucevegout because I love seeing what you make!
Easy and Healthy Vegan Black Bean Dip
- 2 19 oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ C onion , diced
- ¼ C cilantro or more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ C tomato
- ½ C corn kernels , cooked
- Juice of ½ lime about ½ tbsp
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil (I usually use olive or avocado oil)
- Optional 1-2 tbsp diced jalapeno pepper
- Place all ingredients except for the black beans into a food processor. Blend until combined, then add the black beans and blend together.
- Don’t over-blend the dip as you want some small pieces left in for texture.
- Option to bake the dip at 350 °F for 20 minutes to warm through.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or as part of a layered dip.
Join the Community for Vegan Recipes
This is an updated post: Original post date April 2019