Roasted sweet potato and chickpeas with a creamy hummus sauce is the perfect easy meal. It takes minimal effort to create this tasty, healthy, and balanced dinner. Plus, of course, it’s loaded with flavor and colorful, nutritious vegetables.
Skill: Easy | Time: 35 min | Servings: 3
Get the Veg Out newsletter for new vegan recipes + nutrition content!
This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sheet pan meals are becoming popular as they are quick and easy to cook and clean up. This is mostly a sheet pan meal, apart from making the side salad. Roasting everything together on one tray brings all the flavors of the dish together.
Roasted sweet potato and chickpeas is a great option for meal prepping. You can make a single or double batch of this recipe and eat it throughout the week! Maximize your time by getting the sweet potato into the oven, and preparing the salad and sauce while it cooks.
The fresh tomato-parsley salad adds a bright, fresh flavor to the roasted sweet potato and chickpeas. This meal reminds me of summertime, whenever I eat it. It also adds some extra veggies, and with that comes some great nutritional value.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please rate and comment below so others benefit from your experience.
More Deliciously Filling Vegan Dinner Recipes
Sheet Pan Sweet Potatoes and Chickpeas with Creamy Hummus Sauce
- Baking tray
- Silicone baking mat
- Cutting Board
- Large bowl
- 1 C hummus
- water (to desired consistency)
- Heat your oven to 375 °F.
- Cover a large baking tray with parchment paper (or silicone baking mat).
- Wash sweet potatoes and dice them into small bite sized pieces. You can peel them if you prefer.
- Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas.
- Place the sweet potato and chickpeas on the baking tray and toss with the oil and spices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft to the center. It may take longer if the sweet potato is cut into larger pieces.
- To make the sauce, thin the hummus with water to your desired consistency.
- To make the salad, cut the cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters. Stir in the chopped parsley, lemon zest and juice, minced onion, olive oil, salt and pepper.