Roasted sweet potato and chickpeas with a creamy hummus sauce it the perfect, easy meal. It takes minimal effort to create this tasty, healthy, and balanced dinner. Plus, of course, it’s loaded with flavour and colourful, healthy vegetables.
Sign up for the Veg Out newsletter to get vegan recipes and nutrition content from a Registered Dietitian!
This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sheet pan meals are becoming popular as they are quick and easy to cook and clean up. This is mostly a sheet pan meal, apart from making the side salad. Roasting everything together on one tray brings all the flavours of the dish together.
Roasted sweet potato and chickpeas is a great option for meal prepping. You can make a single, or double batch of this recipe and eat it throughout the week, for lunches or dinners! Maximize your time by getting the sweet potato into the oven, and preparing the salad and sauce while it cooks.
The fresh tomato-parsley salad adds a bright, fresh flavour to the roasted sweet potato and chickpeas. This meal reminds me of summertime, whenever I eat it. This is always a bonus in the dead of a Canadian winter. It also add some extra veggies, and with that comes some great nutritional value.
Let me know in the comments below after you try out this roasted sweet potato and chickpeas recipe! Enjoy!
If you’re looking for some more quick and easy plant-based meals check out these other recipes:
Sheet Pan Sweet Potatoes and Chickpeas with Creamy Hummus Sauce
- Baking tray
- Silicone baking mat
- Cutting Board
- Large bowl
- 1 C hummus
- 1 ½ C cherry tomatoes
- ½ C parsley chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon about 2 tbsp
- 4 tbsp onion about ½ medium onion, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 375 °F.
- Cover a large baking tray with parchment paper (or silicone baking mat).
- Wash sweet potatoes and dice them into small bite sized pieces. You can peel them if you prefer.
- Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas.
- Place the sweet potato and chickpeas on the baking tray and toss with the oil and spices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft to the center. It may take longer if the sweet potato is cut into larger pieces.
- To make the sauce, thin out the hummus with water to your desired consistency.
- To make the salad, cut the cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters. Stir in the chopped parsley, lemon zest and juice, minced onion, olive oil, salt and pepper.