This quick veggie stir fry is my go-to recipe for a simple, tasty and filling meal. It’s a great way to use up any veggies in your fridge. Use any veggies you have, or substitute for any veggies you like! The sauce is flavorful and well-rounded with some zest to spice things up!
Skill: Easy | Time: 35 min | Servings: 4
Get the Veg Out newsletter for new vegan recipes + nutrition content!
This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m all about eating a ton of veggies, but don’t forget to add a source of protein. Protein will turn this quick veggie stir fry into a filling meal. Today I’ve decided to use lentils as my protein source. Lentils are fantastic because they are cheap, high in protein and contain a good amount of fiber. The two nutrients that will fill you up and keep you full for longer is protein PLUS fiber. Lentils, and other legumes really pack that protein plus fiber punch!
This quick veggie stir fry is quite saucy (just the way I like it!) so I recommend serving it with some cooked rice or quinoa to soak up the sauce. You can cook fresh rice or quinoa, or just heat up some leftover rice or quinoa if you have some on hand.
The lime zest in the sauce adds a fantastic brightness and flavor punch. The zest of citrus fruits also contains some great antioxidants so you get a bonus nutrient punch as well!
As always, when it comes to stir fry, you can use any veggies you like or whatever you have on hand. Here I’ve used bell pepper, celery, carrot, mushrooms and zucchini. Broccoli is always a great addition, but you could also try bok choy, snap/ snow peas, nappa cabbage, baby corn, water chestnuts, green beans or eggplant. The variety of veggies available is endless and stir fry is a great way to try out some new produce!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please rate and comment below so others benefit from your experience.
More Deliciously Filling Vegan Dinner Recipes
Quick Veggie Stir Fry
- Cutting Board
- Large pan
- ¾ C onion , sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger , finely chopped or grated
- 2 medium bell peppers (I used one green and one orange)
- ¾ C celery , chopped
- 1 ½ C additional veggies I used mushrooms, carrot and zucchini
- 2 tbsp oil (any type of cooking oil)
- 1 19 oz can lentils , rinsed and drained (or 1 1/2 C cooked brown lentils)
- cooked rice or quinoa , to serve
- cashews , to serve
- green onion , to serve
- Prepare rice or quinoa to serve with the stir fry.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients, or shake together in a jar.
- Dice the onion. Finely chop or grate the garlic and ginger. Chop up the rest of the veggies into bite sized pieces.
- Heat up a large pan or wok over medium high heat with the cooking oil. Add the onions, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the rest of the veggies into the pan and cook for another 5 minutes (the time will depend on the veggies you use). Cook until the veggies are tender but crisp.
- Toss in the lentils and the sauce. Continue stirring until the sauce is thickened. Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 5 min.
- Serve over rice and top with cashews and green onion!