Peanut butter banana waffles are a favourite weekend indulgence in our house! The flavour of these waffles is insanely delicious. No one will ever know they are entirely plant-based! But really, who doesn’t love this classic combination of peanut butter and banana?
Please note: This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and as such, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I usually eat a simple, quick breakfast. Cereal, oatmeal, or maybe toast with tomato/avocado are my usual go-to’s. But, every now and again, especially on the weekends, I like to get a little fancy. Yes, I consider waffles to be fancy. What can I say, I like to keep things quick and simple. Luckily, these peanut butter banana waffles are really easy to make. The slightly more time-consuming part is cooking them in a waffle maker. But of course, it’s completely worth it!
These peanut butter banana waffles are even fairly healthy considering they are homemade. Just compare the ingredients below to your average store bought frozen waffle (not that you can’t enjoy store-bought waffles).
As a side note, you can cook up a batch of these peanut butter banana waffles and then freeze the waffles. Just pop one in the toaster to warm up like you would any store-bought frozen waffle. Then you can turn this into a quick breakfast for when you are on-the-go (which for me is most days!).
Additions to Your Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
If you want to make these extra decadent, you can add in some extras to the batter before cooking. How about trying some:
- Chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Walnuts or peanuts
- Experiment with adding cocoa/cacao powder to the batter to make chocolate peanut butter banana waffles. YUM!
Serving your Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
Serve with maple syrup and extra sliced banana if you like. You could also top with more peanut butter, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce for something really indulgent! Another great idea is to mix some powdered peanut butter with maple syrup (instead of water) to make a sweet peanut butter sauce.
Let me know in the comments below how you like to serve up your waffles! Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
- Waffle iron
- Large bowl
- Mash the banana in a large bowl with a fork.
- Then whisk in the plant-based milk (start with 1C), maple syrup and peanut butter. Stir in the flour, baking powder and ground flaxseed. Depending on the size of your banana and the type of flour you are using, you may need to add in 1/4-1/3 C of extra plant-based milk to get a thick (but able to pour) batter consistency.
- Once the batter is ready, heat up your waffle iron and cook the batter! I recommend using a cooking spray/ oil to prevent sticking. Make sure the outside gets golden brown and crispy to ensure the waffle is cooked through.
- Enjoy topped with maple syrup, sliced banana, peanut butter, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, whatever you want!