This is a very simple and quick recipe that is perfect for when you are busy but still want a flavourful and healthy meal. It is rich, creamy and completely customizable to your liking. Use whatever vegetables you have in the house; by no means do you need to use the ones I’ve listed here!
Start by chopping the onion, and mincing the garlic. I use frozen, grated ginger; if you would like to learn how to do that, check out this tutorial. Place the onion, ginger and garlic in a large wok on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of either water or coconut oil. Cook until the onion starts to soften.
While the onion cooks, dice the potato. Add it to the pan with 1 C of water, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Place a lid over the wok and let the potato cook for 8 minutes.
Chop the zucchini and pepper while the potato cooks. After 8 minutes, add these vegetables to the wok with the coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice and curry paste. Cook for another 8 minutes with the lid off.
During this time, get the snow peas ready. I removed the ends and sliced them in half.
Add the snow peas to the wok and cook for another 2 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and serve!
You can serve over rice if you like, but I find the potato adds enough starch for my taste.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 C)
- 2 medium potatoes, diced (about 3 C)
- 1 large green bell pepper (about 1 ½ C)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (about 1 ½ C)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (low fat works as well, but it won’t be as creamy)
- 4 tbsp green curry paste (you can use more or less to taste)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium preferable)
- Juice of ½ lime
- Chop the onion, mince the garlic, grate the ginger. Place in a large wok on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of either water or coconut oil. Cook until the onion starts to soften.
- Dice the potato and add it to the wok with 1 C of water. Turn the heat up to medium high and cook 8 min.
- Chop the zucchini and pepper; add them to the pan with the coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice and curry paste. Cook for another 8 minutes with the lid off.
- Prepare the snow peas; add to the wok and cook for another 2 minutes.