The weather is getting cooler and Fall will be here so soon! What better way to celebrate the change in seasons than with a pumpkin recipe?! I’m struggling to find the words that will describe how creamy and satisfyingly delicious this pumpkin Rosé sauce is. It’s also one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever posted!
Start by cooking the penne according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, steam some broccoli florets.
Finely mince the garlic and sauté it with a splash of olive oil in a large pot for 2 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin, coconut milk, salt, pepper and onion powder.
I highly recommend using full fat coconut milk to get the creamiest taste and texture. The sauce will work with a low-fat version but it will be thinner and less creamy.
Let the sauce warm through for 3-4 minutes to let the flavours combine. If you are finding it is too thick, you can slowly add some vegetable broth to thin it out a bit. I personally like the sauce to be rich and creamy so I leave it as is.
Next, stir in the pasta and broccoli. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
That’s it! Serve topped with some freshly cracked black pepper.
- 2 C dry penne pasta
- 5 medium cloves of garlic
- ½ - 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 C broccoli florets
- 2 C pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1 ½ C coconut milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cook the penne according to package directions.
- Steam the broccoli florets.
- Finely mince the garlic. Add it to a pan over medium-low heat with the oil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin, coconut milk, salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes to let the flavours combine.
- Stir in the pasta and broccoli. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.