Chickpea salad sandwiches are easy to make and great for a packed lunch. The best part is, you can flavour them in so many ways and never get bored. Today I’m going to share a curry-spiced chickpea sandwich recipe, but don’t forget to also check out my classic recipe!
To start, you will need to rinse, drain, and then mash your chickpeas. During this time, you may also want to soak raisins in hot water for 5 minutes to plump them up. Then, add 2-3 tablespoons of the soaking liquid to the chickpea mixture and drain the rest of water away. Stir in the soaked raisins, shredded carrot and green onion.
Next, stir in plain hummus until the consistency of the mixture is to your liking. Finally, add curry powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
You are now ready to serve on your favourite bread, in a wrap, or a large lettuce leaf to roll up the filling. Feel free to add veggies such as lettuce, tomato, or avocado to the sandwich as well!
- 19 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¾ C shredded carrot
- ½ C green onion, sliced or finely chopped
- ½ C raisins
- ⅔ – ¾ C plain hummus
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mash the chickpeas.
- Soak the raisins in hot water for 5 min. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the soaking water to the chickpeas (depending on how moist you like want your filling to be). Drain away the rest of the water and add the raisins to the chickpeas.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Add enough hummus to get the mixture to a consistency you enjoy.
- Serve filling in a sandwich, wrap or lettuce leaf.