This week, I’ll share a quick and simple Black Bean and Corn Salsa recipe. It’s great with tortilla chips, or can complement any Mexican dish such as my quinoa taco meal. Use this salsa to brighten up any recipe you’re creating!
To make the salsa, all you have to do is chop tomato, onion, cilantro, drain a can of black beans and toss in the remaining ingredients! And there you have it, a delicious bean and corn salsa!
It’s best to let this sit for 1-2 hours before eating so the flavours can marinate and become even tastier. It’s also great with avocado in it, just wait and chop the avocado prior to serving.
- • 540 mL/ 19 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- • 1½ C corn kernels
- • ⅓ C onion, finely diced
- • ½ C chopped cilantro (or more to taste; I love cilantro!)
- • 2½ C diced tomato
- • 1 tsp sugar
- • ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- • Juice of 1 lime, about 1 tbsp
- If using frozen corn kernels, place them in a bowl with water and microwave for 1-2 minutes or cook them on a stove. Drain away the water.
- Chop the onion, cilantro and tomato.
- Toss everything together!
- Serve with any taco filling, like my quinoa tacos, or with tortilla chips!